Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm going back to Kindergarten...

I am taking a pre-service Kindergarten Practicum course this fall where every Wednesday, I will be observing and teaching a couple lessons in a Kindergarten classroom for the first half of the day. I'm really excited, because I'm thinking this is the age I hope to teach sometime! We have to create a "Me Bag" for our introduction into the class, and were told to bring pictures of us when we were in Kindergarten to relate to the students. I came across a couple shoeboxes filled with pictures while at my grandparents' house this weekend. Some of the ones I found and am taking:





Do you see any resemblance?
My mom is on the left, and I am on the right.
It is always interesting to go back through older pictures that have not been seen in a while!

 Since becoming an education major, I have mainly been around 4th and 5th graders, so my lesson plans for Kindergarten will be completely different. It's weird after being in school for 16 some-odd years, going back to the basic: What sound does S make?

The only down side: I was assigned to a school 30 minutes away from where I live, and I haven't the slightest idea where this school is, but it's only once a week, and it will be fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment