Monday, September 27, 2010

Hot-lanta

I am in Atlanta for the weekend watching my sister and getting my big-city fix before heading back to school. I sold 15 more bobby pins yesterday to the owner of a store near my house here. :) So, overall, 48 total have been sold!

While here, I have done some shopping as well as some thrift store hunting. Thrift stores can be so much fun if you find the right things!

For $20 I got:
4 children's books that will help this semester when I am in Kindergarten,
A couple funny t-shirts (1 is a brightly colored 80's tee with a front pocket, and 1 has an abnormally large Bigfoot creature on the front that says "Bigfoot Hiking Club"),
A 100% silk Liberty of London brand paisley tie (to make bobbies out of),
A 3 shelved rolling cart for moving things to and from at the festival
A brand new french memo board
and a VHS (because I still have a player...)

While I'm here, I'm going to switch out my bedding at school with the bedding I have here (Yay!), and will be taking my refurbished table back to school with me. Why, I'm not sure, since I will be moving out in a couple months!

Here is the table before (another great thrift find! $10 Ikea round table)...



Joey wanted to be in there!



Top of table before



And after some tips and reading up on weathering with paint, here is the after...


The legs were sanded to show wear on the curves

You can see in the mid to bottom left where the crackling glaze was too thick and did not work out too well, but I can just put a lamp or something over it, I guess!
I'm not really sure what to do with this table, so we'll see!

Back on the road tomorrow...

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment